Class #3: Media Stereotypes, Cont.
1. Discussion: share what we noticed from our Watching TV For HW.
2. Finish the Collage Activity from last class. If you don't finish during the period, please finish for homework.
Class #2: Media Stereotypes
1. Media Stereotypes Exploration (Google Form). Click the link to complete the activity.
2. Collage Activity. You may not finish this in class, but do your best!
3. Watching TV For HW. You should fill out this form and submit via Haiku.
Class #1: What is media? Why does it matter?
1. Click here to download the "Illusion of Choice" Infographic.
2. Then, with a partner, answer six questions about it. You can download these questions here and edit them in Notability.
3. Extra activity (if time): Media survey. Fill this out so we can compare how we all use media at home.
Videos & Clips
While you watch television and movies, consider the following 5 key questions:
• Who created this message?
• What creative techniques are used to attract my attention?
• How might differently people understand this message differently?
• What values, lifestyles and points of view are represented in, or omitted from, this message?
• Why is this message being sent?
Also keep your eye out for stereotypes of cultures, races, genders, sexual preferences, appearances, and jobs.